About Me

I am 17 and attend South Columbus High. I'm an avid actor and wish one day to not only act, but to also teach students to act. Theatre has made me who I am today and has helped me to become more outgoing and take leadership in my life. This is what I want for my future students.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Past Two Weeks Summary (Adv. Theatre and Assistant Teaching)

Theatre Arts Advanced: 
     In the past two weeks we have chosen a play for Play Fest called "A Thousand Cranes." We also casted the roles. I have gotten the lead, my classmate Emilee the secondary lead. We have blocked and memorized pages 5-9 so far and are testing tomorrow. Also for preparation and some background to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, we had to write a two person scene. 

Assistant Teaching:
     In Beginning Theatre we have started with physicality exercises. First, we tested them from the Improv Scene book and played some games that focused on concentration and physicality. This week have started focusing on physicality as well as conflicts and resolutions. But instead of using their bodies, they are only using their hands, which focuses their minds on being more physical. Tomorrow we will be testing their hand scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment